Endpoint Central enables remote software deployment and distribution to the users and computers of the Windows network. This web-based software deployment configuration helps administrators to install software from a central point. It supports deploying both MSI and EXE based applications that can be installed in a silent mode. The software installation configuration helps you to install MSI and EXE packages remotely to specific users of several computers of the Windows network from a central location.
The four steps of creating and deploying the configuration are -
- Name the Configuration
- Define Configuration
- Define Targets
- Deploy Configuration
Software Distribution Features
- Supports installing both MSI and EXE based applications
- Supports Install, Uninstall, Assign and Redeploy options for MSI based applications
- Supports Install and Uninstall options for EXE based applications
- Ability to schedule software installations
- Install Software at a specified time
- Install Software either during or after startup of the computer
- Option to install the application as a specific-user using the Run As option.
- Supports execution of pre-deployment/post-deployment scripts/commands prior to installation/uninstallation and abort if not successful.
- Option to copy the installables to the client computers before installing the software.
- Ability to create package repository. The packages created once can be reused any number of times to install or uninstall the software.